Saturday, September 19, 2009

Waiting...

Abbi's been sick today. She woke up this morning at 3 am or so complaining of a bad dream and feeling very sweaty and hot. I put her back to bed not thinking anything of it. She and Jenna woke up around 7 am and she was not feeling very good but she ate breakfast. I felt her forehead and it was still very warm. She just had the flu vaccine on Thursday so I thought maybe that's what's making her run hot. I gave her some ibuprofen and she sat on the couch most of the day. When Jamiee got home from school at 10 am we took Abbi's temp and it read 102. We called our nurse line and they told us to wait it out and if she's not improved by tomorrow to have her seen by a doctor. We continued to give her ibuprofen every 6-8 hrs and she went to bed tonight still feeling very icky. We just woke her up around 11 pm to give her one final dose of ibuprofen and found her awake, laying in bed in her own pee and burning up. She had a 103.2 temperature. We quickly got her dressed and she and Mommy headed for the hospital.

Just waiting now...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope she's okay, we need an update.

Katie said...

I hope she feels better soon. Hopefully it will be a quick in and out trip to the hospital. I'll keep her in my prayers.