Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Halloween costumes....
So about a month ago we decided to spend an arm and a leg and buy a few Disney movies for the girls. Among the ones we chose was Toy Story 2. Its really a cute movie and surprisingly enough the girls ask to watch it almost everyday and never ask to watch Sleeping Beauty...I would have thought they would have liked Sleeping beauty better just based upon the fact that they are Disney Princess addicts. I think they both would switch lives with Ariel if given the opportunity. Anyway, I asked the girl's last week what they wanted to be and Jenna promptly said "Ariel!!" and I just knew Abbi was gonna say "Ariel!!" as well but she said "Jessie!!" and I was kinda thrown off (because if you know her you know why I would think that) and I asked her if she was sure and of course she said yes. I even showed her the costume online (will post the pic) and she INSISTED she wanted to be Jessie. I completely do not have a problem with this but I just have a bad feeling if I order this costume and it comes and its not pretty pink princess and she sees her other 2 sisters dressed like princesses she is going to flip out. So what do I do? Do I buy the Jessie costume and risk it or should I just buy her a princess costume and avoid a potential toddler tantrum/breakdown? I need some opinions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OK...I'm no expert, but why buy the costume, you can make it. Or ask Kelly (cause she can sew) to help you make it. I'm sure you can find a pattern for chaps and the collar and cuffs would be easy peasy lemon squeezy! Ask mom too...she may have suggestions, since she's made enough costumes to outfit an elementary school.
Oh, and in case you are curious...she told me she wanted to be Jessie too, so I'd say she's made up her mind ;)
Oh yeah, and dollar store for cowgirl hats!
What if you tried to put together your own (FREE!!) Halloween costume of Jessie. That way if she changes her mind at the last minute you won't feel so bad about the $$ you spent. Or get the costume, have the back up princess costume and she can add it to the dress up clothes box that everyone can play with. She can be Jessie whenever she wants. If she's like my Brooklyn (very strong willed), she'll probably stick with wanting Jessie. I'd still try to make most of the costume - what is it, jeans, big belt buckle, boots, white shirt, a red yarn wig...hmmm...let me know if I can help! Was this long enough for you?
Toy Story 2 is the best! Chase went through a phase with it where it was every day. He and Landon are going as Buzz and Woody this year!
Post a Comment