So, I have had a few busy days and weekends trying to prepare for this baby to get here. I mean between obsessively cleaning and folding laundry as well as packing bags and buying things we need for her I feel like I am finally really ready. I am just a bit exhausted, I have been trying to relax but that is very hard to do when you have 2 toddlers running under your feet :)
I have been thinking alot lately about how the girl's are going to do with another sibling. I think Abbi will do great, she is always so eager to help and she constantly talks about her baby sister Claire. She knows this time around what is going on and I think she is genuinely excited about having another sister. Jenna however has no idea whats about to hit her...she is such a mommy's girl it's really hard for me sometimes to get much done because she literally will cling to my legs when I am not paying attention to her until I pick her up. She won't even go and stay with some of John's sisters she knows because she is so attached to me. Pretty much the only babysitters we can get that she is comfortable with are Aunt Kathy and grandparents. Even sometimes she has a hard time with my dad, she will cry and reach for me when he tries to pick her up. It really is something we need to work on. I am also having a difficult time with her in nursery. She will NOT let me leave, she will scream the entire time and it gets so bad that they bring her to me after 10 minutes because she is hyperventilating.
So, thus why I think having a baby sister is going to be extremely difficult for her. I am so overwhelmed thinking about how hard this is going to be for her. All I can do is pray she transitions quickly and things go differently than I am expecting with her.
I went to my LAST appointment yesterday!! I am really starting to get excited now because it's happening tomorrow! I have progressed alot, I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Dr. Windom said he expects her to possibly be here by Friday night late or into Saturday morning, which figures because I have never had a child during the normal day it's always been in the middle of the night (1 am- 3 am). So, this will be my last post until the pictures of our sweet little baby girl.
On a side note, I am super excited to be going to see Twilight tonight at midnight ( I know I am crazy with being induced tomorrow in all)! I know alot of you are going as well so I will hopefully see you all there!
3 comments:
Hey! Yay i am so excited to see pictures and then meet her. I am sure it will be okay with Jenna it will just take some getting used too. Just have to be patient with her. Try to get her to help with the baby as much as you can so she can be involved and she will thinks its fun. I know she is a helper (atleast with throwing things away :) It will probably be VERY overwhelming at first but just try not to stress it will all settle down after a few weeks im sure. Listen to me telling you this and i have only one child LOL. Anyways have fun tonight at twighlight. I wish i could be there. Dont spoil the movie in your blog like you did the book though lol ;) See you soon. Good luck with EVERYTHING tomorrow. We will be praying for you. Love you!
Good luck Jam! I'll be thinking of you! I'm sure everything will go just fine, you are a trooper and are just plain good at having babies! :-)
Good luck! Post lots of pictures when she arrives!
Post a Comment