Thursday, October 23, 2008

Doctor's Appointment today....

I had my 34 week appointment today with Dr. Windom. He is going to deliver Claire, I absolutely love him as a doctor. He has always made me feel comfortable and been so accommodating to me both in the delivery room (he delivered Jen) and just in general with answering questions and doing non-routine ultrasounds to help put my mind at ease. I had a lot of questions for him today because I went to a different doc 2 weeks ago and he had made me worry a bit because he made me feel like I am having a HUGE baby and that Claire would have to be delivered c-section which I really would not prefer.

So, anyway back to my visit today... he put my mind at ease and told me Claire is measuring right on track "maybe a hair big" and we discussed induction because if anyone knows my history they know I had to be induced with both Abbi and Jenna and I was overdue with both. He suggested doing an induction for 39 weeks, but then we realized it was Thanksgiving day and so he suggested the weekend before (November 22nd) because it was when he was on call. After some discussion of how lung development is in infants at 38 1/2 weeks gestation versus 39 weeks we had decided to tentatively set the induction for that weekend! So it looks like our little girl will be here in 4 weeks! I am thrilled she will be here for Thanksgiving but very scared because I am so not prepared for her yet. I have not even gotten her crib out or bought the things we need to get before she gets here, terrible I know but I am feeling the pressure now knowing her arrival date so I need to get movin'!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Who did you see 2 weeks ago? Was it Dr. Kelley? Not a fan of him. When I was 38 weeks with Chase and larger than the state of Texas bawling on the table begging to be induced a week early he pretty much laughed in my face. I've NEVER seen Windom, he is the only one I haven't seen before. I love Tackitt but we all have our personal preferences. Tackitt is great b/c I feel like he understands me and is laid back about everything. Anything I want/need he can do for me pretty much. So it looks like you'll have baby Claire a couple weeks after I deliver baby Landon! Don't feel bad about not having stuff ready. I am two weeks away and I still haven't come close to finishing preparing for his arrival. Sorry for the book.

Tiffany said...

How nice to know you'll be induced and you can set a date of when you'll be out. I am hoping my doctors will do that, especially since Nate is in school.

Katie said...

Isn't it funny how with each baby you are less and less "prepared"? No worries, as long as you have some diapers, blankets, and clothes you're alright! Thankfully someone gave us some diapers a few days before Pierce was born. I had forgotten all about that one important item!

Landlocked Shores said...

Yay!!!! Aunt Nicki gets to see TWO new baby nieces on her trip to Atlanta for Thanksgiving! I'm so excited!!!

Just the three of us,,, said...

I am so excited that we get to see Claire when we come to visit for Thanksgiving! I cant believe i am going to be an aunt again. Just three years ago i wasnt an aunt at all and now i am too 5! Well actually more if you count niki and heathers kids. Thats awesome. Our family is growing.

John and Brieanne Dabney said...

Don't you just love Windom? I wouldn't have anyone else deliver my babies! I had never seen him with Brooklyn, so I didn't realize what I could have had. Thanks to your recommendation, I was induced a week early for Lexi and I was sooo grateful!