Monday, June 16, 2008

A great story

I need to document another story about my beautiful little girl, Abbi.

Night before last, we all gathered together...

Wait, I should start before that. A couple of months ago Abbi started sleeping in her "big girl bed" (not her crib). At the time, she had a bad habit of getting out of her bed and not going to sleep. So, we flipped the handle to her door around and locked her in her room and it has worked well since then. She stopped getting out of bed when she figured out she couldn't get out of her room.

So night before last we all (the four of us) gathered together in Abbi's room to read "scriptures" (bible stories) and say prayers. Without Jamiee or I noticing that she had done so, Abbi quietly flipped the lock on the door handle to lock and shut the door with all of us inside her room. We didn't notice until we got done with prayers and got up to take Jenna to her room. Jamiee then turns to me and says, "Guess what your child did" as she jiggles the door handle and the door refuses to open.

I whip around and look at Abbi and ask "Did you lock the door?! Did you lock the door?!?!" At which Abbi sheepishly looks up and shakes her head yes. I look back at Jamiee as she says, "How are we gonna get out of here?!?!" I have no answer so I start rummaging around through the closet and dresser drawers and find a pair of Jamiee's old sunglasses. "Hey! I've been wondering where those were!" Jamiee says. "Say goodbye because I'm about to break them," I say. "NO!" Jamiee says and then she looks at my head and sees my bluetooth headset on my ear. "Call Kathy," she says. Kathy was headed over anyway to have me look at her car. So I call Kathy and tell her we need her to rescue us. She shows up about five minutes later and lets us out of our pink prison and laughs at us, deservedly so.

End of story. We'll be putting a key inside Abbi's room on top of the door trim.

Moral of the story: I dunno. It was really funny in retrospect.

3 comments:

Sha nay nay said...

now THAT is a funny tory to document!

Sarah said...

Moral of the story....EVERYONE should have a bluetooth!!!! And you all wonder why mine never comes off my ear!! Go Abbi!!! I think it's a perfect example of how smart us "parents" really are.

Kelly said...

Ha Ha!! That's too funny.