pregnant me...
3:30 AM- woke up having to pee like a racehorse
5:00 AM- John's alarm starts blasting on full volume (which he snoozes at least 3 times) by then I am fully awake
5:30-6:00 AM- Attempt to go back to sleep which normally does not work since I have been a pregnant insomniac
6:30 AM- snacktime (saltines) because by now my stomach has realized it is completely empty and I HAVE TO EAT SOMETHING or I will vomit
7:45-8:00 AM- Throw myself out of bed to get my children who have decided they have had enough sleep and want to get up, eat, and play
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM- Normally I feed the kids and then play with them (lately I have been stuck on the couch trying not to fall asleep or throw up because I have had such bad "all day" sickness with this pregnancy) and attempt to prepare lunch without throwing up for the kids and me.
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM- Feed the kids and hesitantly stuff my lunch down my throat so that I can have some food on my stomach so that I do not get sick.
1:00 PM to 2:30ish- Nap time for the kids I try to do some housework but I lately have been so exhausted by this time of the day that I cannot do anything but lay down and try to nap and relax (man, I feel like such a lazy mommy)
2:30 PM to 5:30 PM- Kids are up and want snacks and to go play outside, so I take them outside for a walk or park (just something to get outta the house). But I am soooo tired I am like a lump on a log once we get home all I want to do is SLEEP and not do anything else (you never get enough sleep at this stage in pregnancy).
5:30 PM to 7:30 PM- I try to decide on dinner and prepare it but I have been so nauseated by anything and everything (esp. when I cook and smell it) most of the time I cannot handle it so we go get take out and bring it home and eat.. I know, I know Dave Ramsey would not approve, but has HE ever been pregnant??! Anyway- by then its almost time for the girls baths so I play with them for a bit and then take them upstairs to bathe them.
7:30 PM to 8:30 PM- Wrangle my crazy, running around with no clothes on, I don't want to listen to mommy children through baths and bedtime/scripture reading/prayer routine and FINALLY they go to sleep and I can relax..... HA!!
8:30 PM to 9:30- Feed Sam and take her out and give her some well needed attention, clean up dishes and straighten up from the day (put away toys,etc.) and then I sit down to try and relax before John gets home and we go to bed. By this time I have had another lite snack like dry cheerios or crackers because I have not been able to stop eating, UGH!
Anyway, sorry if I have bored anyone with this seemingly senseless post but I wanted to document this for the next time I consider getting pregnant.. think twice, lol. I know things will get better with the morning sickness and utter exhaustion in a while but man its hard to have it all day. You know how they say every pregnancy is different? Nope, not mine... I always get sick and for a long while but I know it does get better so I will just suck it up and be grateful to be blessed so much with beautiful healthy children and a wonderful husband that would do anything for his family :)
1 comment:
Gotta love pregnancy. I think I am getting over the sickness part already which is nutso since I am only 11 weeks and I was really sick with Chase until 15 weeks. Your days with the girls sounds a lot like mine with Chase. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Post a Comment