Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving


Wow, it feels like its been forever since I have been in blogging world.... I thought I would quickly give everyone an update on our Thanksgiving. We had alot of fun spending time with family. Thanksgiving morning we all (John's entire family) got together in our neighborhood to take a family portrait by the lake. It turned out really good considering all the children we had in the picture we managed to get one of everyone looking at the camera. We went to John's mom and dad's for thanksgiving lunch after the picture and ate alot of yummy food and dessert. After we finished playing with cousins and eating we went to my parents to spend time with them and my sister Ashley and her family. They were all sick so we did not stay long, considering we had a 5 day old with us :) It was good to see them and my nephew, even if I did not get a chance to hold him...but I will make up for that at Christmas. We finally traveled home and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

On side note, Claire is doing great. We had some jaundice issues and weight gain issues with her in the beginning but she is now gaining and her jaundice is fading. This is the first child I am nursing and that has been a bit challenging but we are getting in a routine and now I feel more confident. I think we will stay away from formula this time :) I will post some pictures of her once I have a bit more time on my hands, if that ever happens.. lol.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great picture! Did you get one of just your family too? Baby Claire is precious, we should get together so our kids can play and we can talk about being new mommys again!

Tiffany said...

Awesome family picture! Good to hear Claire doing well also!

John and Brieanne Dabney said...

That's a great picture - I think I've met most of those people. John's family is great, aren't they? I need to come see Claire!! I finally get home from my trip and now I'm sick. When I feel like i'm not contagious anymore, can I come over??